||Lantania specializes in the construction of heavy civil works (roads, highways, dams, water treatment plants, maritime works,
railways and airports), building construction and energy projects. The company began its activity in 2018 with the acquisition of
the construction, energy and services business units of the Isolux Corsán Group and the subsequent purchase of the Velasco
Group in 2019. Has consolidated its position in the water sector with the acquisitions of the companies Soil Treatment of
Industrial Waters and Deisa IWS, subsidiary of Comsa, in 2020; and in the rail market with the acquisition of the track erection
company DSV Empresa Constructora y Ferroviaria and Balzola Polska in 2022. |
One of the differential characteristics of Lantania is its ability to execute any kind of rail project in an integral way. The company
has built more than 150 km of infrastructure, tunnels and railway viaducts, as well as more than 50 traction power substations
and more than 1,000 km of overhead line.
|Activities by year
- Modernization of the Plovdiv-Skutare and Plovdiv-Krumovo railway lines and the Plovdiv railway junction. Renovation of distribution stations, design and construction of the platform, track systems, catenary, and signaling and telecommunications systems.
- Modernisation of the Voliujak-Petarch railway section in Bulgaria. The works will involve the modernisation of 12 km of track between Voluyak and Petarch to adapt the speed of trains to 160 km/h, which requires the construction of new layouts with civil works for the platform and structures, the renovation of the railway track and the traction and catenary system. Renovation of the station in the town of Kostinbrod, renovation and construction of pedestrian underpasses and a bus stop.
- Typsa. Supply of sleepers for the maintenance of the northeast area of the General Interest Railway Network (RFIG), for access to the new Barcelona Airport terminal, adaptation of Can Tunis station (Barcelona), section of Calafell-Gavá and others of Barcelona-Tarragona-France line, Cercanías de Barcelona between Parets del Vallés and La Garriga, maintenance of Metro Bilbao, renovation of turnouts and level crossings for Ferrocarrils de la Generalitat Valenciana FGV, the complete renovation of the Gijón-Laviana (Asturias) and Torralba-Soria (Soria), and the renovation of the sections Plasencia del Monte-Ayerbe, Ayerbe-Calderarenas and Jaca-Canfranc of Huesca-Canfranc line (Huesca).
- Connection of the Madrid-Barcelona and Madrid-Levante high-speed lines. Construction of a direct branch line linking the Madrid-Barcelona and Madrid-Levante high-speed lines in Madrid, which will enable direct connections between the north-east and the north and north-west of the peninsula.
- Construction works on the platform construction project. Palencia-Aguilar de Campoo high-speed railway line. Section: Palencia - Palencia Norte.
- Execution of the works for the construction project of the access to Terminal T4 of Madrid-Barajas Adolfo Suárez airport in standard UIC gauge.
- Execution of bridge repair projects on the Madrid-Barcelona line, Vilanova-Sitges section: bridge over the Riera de Cañellas stream, km 640+674 and bridge over the Torrente de Piera, km 636+562.
- Execution of the works for the project to repair the bridge over the River Arlanzón I on the Madrid-Hendaye line, Quintana del Puente - Villodrigo section.
- Execution of the construction project for the extension of track 2 at the southern end of Vic station on the line from Tour de Carol-Enveigt to the Montcada junction (Barcelona).
- Works for the execution of the project to stabilise the earthworks between km. 128+301 and 129+000. Castejón de Ebro - Bilbao line.
- Enlargement of track 3 at Orduña station (Vizcaya).
- Remodeling and adaptation of the Mérida and Badajoz train stations. Comprehensive reform of accesses and passenger buildings with the aim of providing them with all the necessary services required for the high-speed corridor.
- Construction of the new Albal (Valencia) train station. Construction of two buildings, located at the head of both platforms of 423 m2 each, with access control on both sides and communicated by an underpass.
- Accessibility improvement works at the Ramón y Cajal commuter train station in Madrid.
- Works on the construction project to improve accessibility at Navalperal de Pinares station (Ávila).
- Works on the construction project to improve accessibility between platforms at Valdepeñas station (Ciudad Real).
- Renovation project for the mechanical equipment operations rest module in the tunnels of the Algeciras Maritime Station.
- Electrification of the Madrid-Extremadura high-speed corridor. Erection of the overhead contact line (catenary) between Plasencia and Peñas Blancas (125 km).
- New traction power substation of Taradell (Barcelona). Supply, installation and commissioning of the electrical equipment for two high voltage connections (25 kV) as well as the transformer, rectifiers, feeders and power supply systems to the catenary and safety installations.
- Construction of traction power substations for the Pajares bypass: 20kV Transmission line, GIS 400kV substation, 32 transformation centers and 2 20kV autotransformation centers, including telecontrol and maintenance.
- Construction and maintenance of Pola de Lena mobile substation: installation of facilities for mobile substation, 6 feeder outputs 3kVcc, 1 rectifier group 3.3kA and associated auxiliary systems.
- Commissioning of the Tomeza electrical substation (Pontevedra). Supply of equipment to the existing installation for its conversion into a traction substation that will feed the A Coruña-Vigo Atlantic axis.
- Supply and installation of batteries in the ADIF’s High Speed Network (2020 renewal plan).
- Construction of 400kV Transmission line in Totana.
- Pre-construction engineering for the Las Vegas-Los Angeles High Speed Rail project.
Metro and Tram:
- Works on the technical branch of the northern section of line 3 of the Seville Metro.
- Construction of the energy and telecommunications facilities for line 9 of the Barcelona subway, as well as two GIS 400kV substations and 20 traction substations.
- Renovation works on Line 1 of Metrovalencia. Replacement of the existing turnouts with their drives and modification of interlockings and centralised traffic control systems (CTC). Track renewal will also be carried out on several branches and level crossings will be renovated. Replacement of 45 turnouts, the supply and installation of 14,374 prestressed concrete monoblock sleepers and the supply and installation of 24,932 m3 of ballast.
- Modernisation of the tramway track, street reconstruction and water and infrastructure services on the section Pl. Bp. Snore to Ul. Podgórna in Torun (Poland).
-Reconstruction of the Lodz tramway line. Legionow Street. Sections I, II and III. Lodz (Poland).
- Balzola builds a 1.3 km double tramway line with three stations along its route on Gagarina Street in the city of Warsaw (Poland).
- Balzola carries out track modernisation on the section between Chrapka Street and UI in Podgone (Poland).
- Preventive and corrective maintenance and auxiliary works of the different electrification facilities of the conventional network in the eastern area of Spain: overhead contact line, traction substations and high voltage power supply lines to traction substations.
- Albacete-Alicante signaling maintenance. Several maintenance works in a line with 160km of double lane.
- Adaptation of traction substations and their high voltage power lines in conventional network to comply with Adif regulations in the Northeast, South, Center and North areas.
- Maintenance of Albacete-Alicante signalling. Actions on a double-rail line with two maintenance bases located in Monforte and Bonete.
- Maintenance service for the contact line, auto-transformer and remote control energy installations, including the installations associated with the high-speed section between Chamartín and Torrejón de Velasco.