Chairman: César Cañedo-Argüelles. CEO: Jaime Cañedo-Argüelles. Civil Engineering Area Manager: Fernando Acero. Railway Systems Area Mananger: Luis Álvaro Rodríguez. Industrial Area Manager: Oscar Domingo. Airports Area Manager: José Luis Martín.
||Engineering firm highly specialized in the railway industry and specifically its facilities and systems, which is also active in the
industrial and airport sectors.
|Main products and services
Inse Rail, since its foundation in 1994, has supplied its customers with consultancy and engineering services during the different stages of planning, design, building and exploitation of investments.
Inse Rail participates in the Spanish and international development of the High Speed Rail and metropolitan transportation, with a strong specialization in electrification, signalling, security and communication systems, and other railway transport installations.
Inse Rail has a multi-faceted team of experts in civil engineering, electric engineering, mechanics and telecommunications, who provide each individual customer with the service and commitment to achieve their objectives.
Inse Rail is at the forefront of technology and maintains a strong commitment to innovation, evidenced by its systematic participation in R&D programs in collaboration with Universities and Technological Research Centers, creating and maintaining proprietary tools to respond to the needs and technical challenges of our activity.
Top products: ENGINEERING AND CONSULTING: 1. DESIGN ENGINEERING - Construction project for Adif’s first rolling-stock maintenance workshop. 2. CONSTRUCTION ENGINEERING - Coordination of the Metro de Málaga works for the handover to the concessionaire and commissioning supervision.
|Activities by year
Activities in 2022:
- Technical assistance to the Directorate General for Public Works, Transport and Mobility in the area of technical advice on railway safety. Ministry of Territorial Policy, Public Works and Mobility. Generalitat Valenciana
- Technical assistance to support the rolling stock engineering unit for Metro de Barcelona. Transportes Metropolitanos de Barcelona
- Preliminary design of the "Urban Integration of the Chichilla-Cartagena Line in Alcantarilla and Javalí Nuevo (Murcia)" for the Ministry of Development through the Subdirectorate General of Railway Planning. Ministry of Transport
- Construction project for a workshop for rolling stock maintenance in southern Madrid. Adif
- Construction project for the complete remodeling of the Grisén station. Adif
- Construction projects to extend the sidings of the General Interest Railway Network to 750m. Lot 3. Southern Section. Adif
- Construction projects of the Algar and Mascarat Viaducts of line 9 of the TRAM d’Alacant. Ferrocarriles de la Generalitat Valenciana
- Construction project to replace RS sleepers with multipurpose monoblock sleepers in the area of the Zaragoza maintenance division and the Tarragona maintenance division. Adif
- Construction project for the installation of two-way automatic blocking (B.A.B.) in the Figueres – Portbou section. Thales
- Project to optimize railway access to new terminals. Port Authority of Seville
- Project to waterproof the As Maceiras (Vigo) tunnel of the high-speed Atlantic axis. Adif
- Construction project for the actions determined by the study on the barrier effect of the existing single track between Vandellós and L'Hospitalet de L'Infant and Port Aventura. Adif
- Construction project for the remodeling of the Valencia Logistics Center Fuente San Luis. Phase 1. Adif
- Detailed design project of the control, command and signalling subsystem associated with the Master Plan for the Galician Railway Network, Northwest Plan (2017-2025). Adif
- Detailed design projects for the improvement of evacuation and ventilation conditions in case of fire in the subway suburban stations of Embajadores, Getafe Centro and Parla (Metro de Madrid). Adif
- Projects to modify overpasses and tunnels for installation of falling object detectors and improvement of overpasses. lot 1: north. Adif
Construction Engineering projects
- Project Management and support of the integrated management of the processes related to the construction of the Medina and Mecca workshops, in regard to civil works and facilities, as well as interfaces with other techniques (Saudi Arabia). Renfe KSA
- Management, auditing and coordination of the safety of the signaling and telecommunications works in several sections of the Portuguese National Railway Network. Infraestructuras de Portugal
- Technical assistance services to coordinate the Metro de Málaga works for handover to the concessionaire. Commissioning supervision for the Renfe- Guadalmedina – Atarazanas section. Junta de Andalucía
- Technical assistance to monitor the works of the construction project with actions to commission the access to the Barcelona airport’s new terminal. Barcelona commuter rail network. Adif
- Technical assistance on the monitoring, control and signaling works for the tunneling of Sant Feliú de Llobregat. Adif
- Technical assistance for the drafting of projects, monitoring and supervision of telecommunications works of the sub-directorate of engineering and network construction. Lot 2. Geographic area south and east. Adif
- Technical assistance to provide coverage for substation works in the area of the northeast sub-directorate of operations. Adif
- Technical assistance for the monitoring and supervision of the installation works of new electronic interlocking and replacement of track circuits in the Montcada split station. Adif
- Technical assistance during the completion of the works for the comprehensive treatment of the contact line in the Sagrera - Mollet - Granollers section of the Aeroport -Maçanet – Massanesa line. Adif
- Technical assistance during the installation of two-way automatic blocking installation (B.A.B.) in the Figueres-Portbou section. Adif
- Technical assistance during the execution of the works for the comprehensive renovation of the Girona-Figueres contact line. Adif
- Technical assistance for the monitoring and supervision of the inspection and upgrade works of the overhead contact line between the Aranguren and Carranza stations and the Carranza substation to commission the electrification of the section. Adif
- Technical assistance for the monitoring and control of the works for the broadcasting of the new digital asfa frequencies for the stop pre-announcement, caution announcement and stop limit zone control aspects. Adif
- Technical assistance in the control and supervision of the work "adaptation of the automatic balise blocking system in the San Cristóbal - Aranjuez section of line 300 Madrid Chamartín - Valencia Estació del Nord". Adif
- Technical Assistance for the design projects and execution of works for the interlocking installations, train protection systems, centralized traffic control, auxiliary detection systems, power supply system, fixed telecommunications, mobile telecommunications, protection and security installations and affections of the Nudo de la Encina-Xàtiva-Valencia section of the Mediterranean Corridor. Adif
- Technical assistance to the works on the safety, communications, energy and civil works installations and the implementation of the GSM-R Mobile communications system on the Humanes-Monfragüe section. Adif
- Technical assistance for the control and supervision of the works for the electrical traction substation and the associated transformation centers, remote power control of the Salamanca - Fuentes de Oñoro stretch. Adif
- Technical assistance to the works related to the design project of the Murcia-Almeria high speed Mediterranean corridor for ADIF on the Nonduermas-Sangonera section. Adif
Operation and Maintenance projects
- Projects for specific investment actions in the area of the maintenance division. South and northeast lot. Adif
- Management and monitoring of maintenance work on Adif's cable network. Lot 1. Adif
- Service of identification and characterization of asbestos in the Metro de Barcelona network. Transportes Metropolitanos de Barcelona
- Service to provide environmental analysis for the determination of asbestos fibers and other fibers in the environment, in the technical rooms of Metro de Madrid.
- Technical assistance for the comprehensive maintenance of the track superstructure of Metro de Madrid.
- Technical assistance and engineering of spare parts and installations of the facilities maintenance area of Metro de Madrid.
- Technical assistance for the renovation of substations due to technological obsolescence and presence of ACM of Metro de Madrid.
- Inspection, monitoring and supervision of the activities carried out to upgrade and adapt the entire high voltage, low voltage and lighting electrical installation to the new requirements and current regulations for low-voltage electrical installations in the Diego de León and Avenida de América stations of Metro de Madrid.
Innovations in 2022:
In 2021, Inse Rail launched, in collaboration with the CDTI (Centre for the Development of Industrial Technology), the HYPERSTROOCT innovation project.
The goal of this innovation project is to design and develop a computerized system to simulate the structural response and vehicle-structure interaction for Hyperloop viaducts, making it possible to automate the design calculations of the viaducts in order to evaluate and then build them.
The many innovative goals of this project include resolving the problem of structural analysis of vehicle movement along viaducts or similar infrastructure in the Hyperloop system, and also determining the predicted response for the structure and the vehicle in terms of movement, deformation, stress and strain. It is also essential to obtain results that can be applied to the engineering, such making it possible to study alternatives that are comparable to each other in order to assess the required construction time and the necessary investment, or planning the line and its division into sections based on the route specifications and surrounding conditions.
The HYPERSTROOCT project is being developed by INSE RAIL, and is expected to be operational in 2023.
In 2022, Inse Rail launched, in collaboration with the CDTI (Centre for the Development of Industrial Technology), the GALIBRAIL innovation project.
The purpose of the GALIBRAIL project is to design and develop a computerized system to calculate and analyze railway gages that takes all of the elements of a railway line, its environment and rolling stock into consideration, and applies new algorithms to calculate and dimension the maximum measurements to validate the traffic conditions in the current real situation.
Since gage calculation is the basic pillar for developing new rail corridors, diversifying the operation of existing ones, and enabling interoperability in international traffic, the need for this previously non-existent automated calculation system to address this aspect is now more necessary than ever, and will represent a significant competitive advantage for Inse Rail when this innovation project is successfully completed.
The GALIBRAIL project is being developed by INSE RAIL, and is expected to be operational in 2023.
||Spain, Portugal, Saudi Arabia, United States and Israel.
||Quality, Environment, Health and Safety: ISO 9001:2015 (Quality) * ISO 14001:2015 (Environment) * ISO 45001:2018
(Health and Safety)
|No. of employees
||106 (end of 2022)|
||5.235.902,63 Euros (end of 2022)|
||912.596 Euros (end of 2022)|
||10,3 million Euros (end of 2022)|
||Engineering and consulting.|