CAF Signalling, technological subsidiary of CAF Group, is devoted to the development, design, manufacture and maintenance of Railway Signage Systems, providing wholescale signage solutions for infrastructures and rolling stock both in Spain, as well as on an international level.
CAF Signalling has the capacity and its own engineering division to undertake “turn-key projects” for railway signalling, being renowned for its work in this field by railway operators in Spain, Europe, Africa, America, Middle East, Oceania and Asia.
CAF Signalling is staffed by a skilful, dynamic and committed human team geared towards the aims of the company and its clients.
CAF Signalling has its own integrated quality control system, with certications that imply the public acknowledgement of the organisation´s commitment to obtaining the highest standards in terms of quality in its products and services.
CAF Signalling´s strategy is based on:
1. Making available advanced in-house technological products, both in the ¬field of on-board equipment, as well as that of trackside infrastructures, which constitute the nucleus of comprehensive solutions. In R&D+i backs on-going innovation and client-based solutions.
2. High levels of signage engineering know-how, necessary to undertake turn-key projects for railway signalling.
3. Major skills to manage and implement complex projects, backed by the support of its parent company, CAF.
GENERAL MANAGER: Jon Alzate. STRATEGY, QUALITY & SAFETY/RAM DIRECTION: Egoitz Iturritxa. FINANCE, LEGAL & COMPLIANCE, IT DIRECTION: Alberto Altuna. TECHNOLOGY DIRECTION: Javier Rábade. PEOPLE & COMMUNICATION DIRECTION: Silvia López. TRACKSIDE BUSINESS UNIT: Jon Alzate. TS OPERATIONS DIRECTION: Frédéric Charlemagne. TS COMERCIAL AND BIDS DIRECTION: Raúl Costa. MASS TRANSIT BUSINESS UNIT: Ion Irazabal. ON BOARD SYSTEMS BUSINESS UNIT: Xabier Subijana.
||Signalling systems and railway control. |
|Main products and services
Design, development, manufacture, supply, installation and maintenance of:
ERTMS solutions: ETCS level 1 and ETCS level 2 (trackside and On Board)
Electronic interlocking systems
Integrated Control Centres with CTC, Power Remote Control and Maintenance Aid.
Top products: SIGNALLING: 1. QUASAR Q4 ENCLAVAMIENTO ELECTRÓNICO. 2. AURIGA OBS BL3 R2 N1 Y N2.
|Activities by year
- Execution of the ENCE/ERTMS_N2 works and testing of the interlocking installations, train protection system, fixed telecommunications, centralised traffic control, auxiliary detection systems, GSM-R and protection and safety installations on the Madrid-Levante high-speed line, Monforte del Cid-Murcia section (in consortium formed by CAF Signalling, Revenga Ingenieros and FCC Industrial). Commercial commissioning of the infrastructure, energy and CMS subsystems of the Beniel - Murcia section of the Monforte del Cid - Murcia Del Carmen high-speed line.
- Execution of phase 2 and commissioning of the ERTMS N1 system and commencement of maintenance of the contract for the implementation of the signalling and ERTMS level 1 system on the Pamukova-Köseköy line in Turkey. Client TCDD.
- Commissioning of ETCS on-board equipment in the Netherlands for customer NS.
- Award of contract for supply and commissioning of ETCS L1 + ATO on-board equipment in New Zealand. Customer Auckland Transport.
- Certification of the generic product BL3R2 on-board, Level 1 and Level 2.
- Commissioning ETCS on-board Level 1 in Auckland of 15 new CAF trains. Operator Auckland Transport.
- Retrofit and commissioning of on-board ETCS Level 1 on all 57 CAF trains in Auckland. Operator Auckland Transport.
- Execution of ATO tests on ERTMS on CAF trains in Auckland. Operator Auckland Transport.
- Execution of ATO over ERTMS tests on CAF SNG trains. Operator NS.
- BL3R2 on-board ERTMS authorisation in the Czech Republic.
- Execution of tests and commissioning of the EM100 project (Yellow Machine retrofit) in the Czech Republic. Customer AZD.
- Execution of BL3R2 Level 1 and Level 2 on-board ETCS integration tests for 21 CAF trains in UK, class 197 - Wales&Borders project. Operator Transport for Wales
- Execution of BL3R2 Level 1 and Level 2 on-board ETCS integration tests for 7 PESA trains in Czech Republic. Operator Regiojet
- Execution of on-board ETCS integration tests BL3R2 Level 1 and Level 2 for 25 PESA trains in Poland. Operator Koleje Dolnoslaskie
- Execution of works and tests for the renovation of the León and Oviedo CTCs. Commissioning of the León and Oviedo CTCs.
- Execution of works for the renovation of the Berrón, Santander and Bilbao CTCs. Commissioning of the Santander and Bilbao CTCs.
- Execution of works for the design and construction of the signalling system, PCC, SAEIV, GTE, GTC and chronometry for the first tramway line in Liège (Belgium).
- Execution of works for the renewal of the signalling system on the Zidani Most, Šentilj line in Slovenia. Commissioning of section 3 of the line (Poljčane-Slovenska Bistrica).
- Execution of works for the design, construction of the signalling system and control centre of the Green line and the renovation and two extensions of the Red line of the Jerusalem tramway (Israel).
- Execution of works for the design, construction, refurbishment and maintenance of the signalling and ERTMS system for the Port of Montevideo-Paso de los Toros station line (Uruguay).
- Execution of works for the design, construction and maintenance of the signalling and ERTMS system on the Encina-Xátiva-Valencia section of the Mediterranean corridor. Providing ADIF with the La Encina - L'Alcudia tunnel section for train driver testing.
- Execution of works to renew the blockage on the Arahal-Fuente de Piedra section.
- Execution of the works for the renovation of the BAB blockage between Silla- Cullera and renovation of the installations in Cullera-Gandía.
- Execution of works for the design and construction of the signalling, telecommunications, ERTMS and GSM-R installations on the Sofia-Voluyak section, including the Sofia, Obelya and Voluyak stations (in consortium with AER).
- Execution of works for the renovation of the CTC of San Luis fountain.
- Execution of works for the design of the signalling and ERTMS system for the Çerkezköy section. - Kapikule section of the Halkali - Kapikule high-speed line.
- ERTMS dynamic tests with train of the execution, conservation and maintenance works of the installations contained in the construction projects for the implementation of the ERTMS train protection system centralised distributed on the Atlantic Axis of the sections: Vigo-Santiago de Compostela and Santiago de Compostela-A Coruña (in consortium formed by CAF Signalling, Alstom and Siemens).
- Maintenance of the signalling installations on line 3 of the Bilbao Metropolitan Railway.
- Maintenance of the energy remote control and substations of the Madrid Metro.
- Maintenance services for the lateral signalling, detector system, Albacete CTC and Atocha back-up CTC on the Albacete high-speed section.- Servicios de mantenimiento de señalización con ADIF – DAMERCO.
- Signalling maintenance services for the Monforte el Cid - Murcia section
- Signalling maintenance services for the Vandellós - Tarragona section.
- Maintenance services for SCADA systems in Chile for Metro (Merval) and Railway (EFE).
- Participation in the Europe's Rail project, which aims to create, through an integrated system approach, a high-capacity, flexible, multimodal, sustainable, reliable and integrated European rail network for passengers and freight transport in Europe. Within this project, CAF Signalling will actively participate in both the system pillar and the innovation pillar in various flagship projects.
- ATO GoA2 driving on ERTMS and on class B ATP with the introduction of new on-board subsystems for external perception and decision making. Joint participation with NS in the automatic shunting in depot project.
- Prototype object controller with radio communications successfully tested in the framework of the X2Rail-4 project of the Shift2Rail programme.
- Completion of the European UP2DATE project, which investigated architectures and techniques for the cyber-safe upgrade of safety-critical systems.
||Spain, Brazil, Bulgaria, Chile, Egypt, India, Morocco, Mexico, Taiwan, Turkey, Netherlands, New Zealand, Argentina, United
Kingdom, Czech Republic, Australia, Poland, Belgium, Uruguay, Slovenia, Israel.
||- Safety Management System: EN50126:2017 and Implementing Regulation (EU) 402/2013. |
- Quality Management System: ISO/TS 22163:2017 (IRIS rev.03 SILVER level) and ISO 9001:2015.
- R&D&I Management System: UNE 166002:2014.
- Environmental Management System: ISO 14001:2015
- Occupational Health and Safety Management System: ISO 45001:2018
||Mechanical construction, Auxiliary mechanical equipment, Maintenance, Signalling, Telecommunication.|