Stadler Valencia is part of the Stadler group based in Bussnang, Switzerland. Stadler has been making trains for 80 years. It has a workforce of more than 13,000 people distributed among its various production centers and 60 after-sales service centers.
Stadler Valencia has a long industrial trajectory in Spain dating back to 1897. The production and technology center of locomotives and passenger vehicles located in Albuixech has 1,600 professionals dedicated to the design, manufacture and commercial commissioning of railway vehicles. It also offers a wide portfolio of after-sales services to its customers.
President: Iñigo Parra. Finance Director: Jorge Gracia. Operations Director: Ignacio Erce. Industrial Director: Miguel Cerdá. Engineering Director: Antonio García-Ricos. HR Director: Juan José Ridaura. International Commercial Director: Mariano Martí. National Commercial Director: Roman Ortega. Quality Director: Alfonso Estevan. Purchasing Director: Rafael Meseguer. Legal Director: Rafael Montesinos. IT Director: Juan José Gómez. Director Business Development, Marketing and Communication: Juan Antonio Delgado.
||Design, manufacture and maintenance of railway vehicles. |
Aware of its social responsibility for sustainable mobility, Stadler produces innovative, sustainable, durable and quality products. Stadler offers a wide range of solutions in the rail and urban transport segments: high-speed trains, long-distance, regional and commuter trains, metros, tram trains and trams. It also supplies main line locomotives, shunting locomotives and passenger carriages and is the world´s leading manufacturer of rack-and-pinion railway vehicles.
Stadler trains are characterized by their outstanding quality. Behind this are highly qualified engineers who meet the individual requirements and demands of each customer and who work hard, train by train, so that, anywhere in the world, passengers arrive at their destination quickly, safely, and comfortably.
|Main products and services
- Metros, LRVs, and Trains-Tram (CITYLINK)
- Various families of Trams (TRAMLINK, TINA and METELITSA)
- High-speed passenger trains (EC250) and long distance trains, regional and single decker or double decker suburban trains (FLIRT, WINK and KISS)
- Diesel-electric, electric, dual and hybrid main line locomotives Bo´Bo´ and Co´Co´ for both freight and passengers (EURODUAL, UK/EUROLight, SALi)
- Shunting locomotives with central cabin with different types of traction system
- Passenger coaches
- Tailor-made and rack-and-pinion railway vehicles
Wide range of customized services for public and private operators applicable to both locomotives and trains. It includes vehicle maintenance, rolling stock repair and modernization, spare parts management, support and technical assistance with specialized engineering staff and training.
- ETCS systems,
- CBTC systems,
- ATO Systems,
- Anti-collision systems
Top products: ROLLING MATERIAL AND TRACTION EQUIPMENT: 1. EURO6000 Locomotive. 2. FLIRT Akku. 3. High Capacity Commuter Trains. 4. CITYLINK TRAM TRAIN.
|Activities by year
At the end of 2020, Stadler Valencia got its first Asia locomotive contract for Taiwan Railways Authority. In 2021, Stadler Valencia achieved another major milestone with the first contract in Oceania which is made up of 57 locomotives for Kiwi Rail (New Zealand). Other locomotive contracts include the first trimodal locomotives (25 kV AC + diesel + Batteries) at European level, Class93 for ROG in the UK and several orders for Co’Co’ locomotives of the EURO family to operators from different countries.
Two major metro contracts, one for Metro Lisboa (Portugal) and one for EAV - Ente Autonomo Volturno (Italy), reinforce Stadler's position on the market as a provider of urban mobility solutions. The TRAMLINK platform, 100% low-floor multi-articulated trams, developed by the Albuixech plant has been consolidated in the European Central market where Stadler Valencia accumulates more than 150 trams in firm orders with options of up to 100 additional vehicles. During the summer of 2021, this type of trams entered service with passengers in Erfurt, Germany, and Lugano, Switzerland. Furthermore, the German city of Potsdam purchased at the end of the year 14 TRAMLINK and ATM, the Milan operator, implemented the option of an additional 30 trams within the framework agreement signed in 2020 of up to 80 vehicles. On the other hand, some of the CITYLINK-type light vehicles purchased by the Hungarian MAV operator to operate Hungary's first train-tram between the cities of Szeged and Hódmezövásárhely arrived at their destination in early 2021 and have been conducting on-site homologation tests throughout the year. Commercial operations will start in 2022.
In the Iberian Peninsula, Stadler positions itself as one of the main suppliers of passenger trains with Renfe's high capacity commuter trains macro contract (batch 2), the regional FLIRT trains, electric and bimodal, for Comboios de Portugal (CP) and the FLIRT trains of the Generalitat de Catalunya (FGC) for Lleida. In 2021, the delivery of S115 electric trains for FGC has begun, and the EURO6000 locomotive, the tri-voltage freight locomotive available in Iberian and standard track gauge, has been approved in Spain where it has started operating in January 2022. The leasing company Alpha Trains and operators Renfe and Medway have ordered additional EURO6000 locomotives for freight transport. In addition, Stadler maintains his leadership in the maintenance of passenger vehicles in the Valencian and Balearic Community.
- Development of the complete CITYLINK train-tram platform (diesel, mono-voltage electric, bi-voltage electric, electric bimodal + diesel and battery hybrid).
- Development and launch of the new generation of EURO locomotives, available in different track gauges and with traction and signaling systems.
- The locomotive homologation program has been maintained:
- EURODUAL in Austria and Turkey.
- EURO6000 in Spain, France and Luxembourg.
- EURO9000 in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and Luxembourg.
- Development of on-board systems for energy efficiency, monitoring and vehicle location.
||The main markets are Europe and the US, but Stadler is present in 43 countries with more than 9,700 vehicles sold worldwide. |
Stadler, for example, has sold 2,000 FLIRT trains, its family of regional and commuter trains, in 21 different countries and 2,500 locomotives in 22 countries on the five continents.
||Prevention, Quality and Environment Certificates: |
- Quality: ISO/TS 22163:2017 and ISO 9001:2015
- Environment: ISO 14001:2015
- Health and Safety at Work: ISO 45001:2018
- Welding Certificate, for railway vehicles and components according to EN 15085-2, Class CL1
- Bonding Certificate, DIN 6701-2, Class A1
||Mechanical construction, Rolling stock and traction equipment, Maintenance, Others.|