Stadler Valencia is part of the Stadler group based in Bussnang, Switzerland. Stadler has been building trains for over 80 years. The provider of mobility solutions in rail vehicle construction, service and signalling technology has a workforce of around 13,500 based in various production and engineering locations as well as more than 70 service locations.
Stadler Valencia has a long industrial trajectory in Spain dating back to 1897. The production and technology centre of locomotives and passenger rail vehicles located in Albuixech has 1,870 professionals dedicated to the design, manufacture and commissioning of railway vehicles. It also offers a wide portfolio of after-sales services to its customers.
President: Iñigo Parra. Finance Director: Jorge Gracia. Operations Director: Ignacio Erce. Industrial Director: Miguel Cerdá. Engineering Director: Antonio García-Ricos. HR Director: Juan José Ridaura. International Commercial Director: Mariano Martí. National Commercial Director: Roman Ortega. Quality Director: Alfonso Estevan. Purchasing Director: Rafael Meseguer. Legal Director: Rafael Montesinos. IT Director: Juan José Gómez. Head of institutional affairs & corporate development: Juan Antonio Delgado.
||Design, manufacture and maintenance of railway vehicles. |
Aware of its social responsibility for sustainable mobility, Stadler stands for innovative, sustainable, durable and quality products. The product range in the field of mainline railways and city transport includes high-speed trains, intercity trains, regional and suburban trains, metros, tramways and trams. Stadler also manufactures main-line locomotives, shunting locomotives and passenger carriages. It is the world’s leading manufacturer in the rack-and-pinion rail vehicle industry.
Stadler trains are characterized by their outstanding quality. Behind this are highly qualified engineers who meet the individual requirements and demands of each customer and who work hard, train by train, so that, anywhere in the world, passengers arrive at their destination quickly, safely, and comfortably.
|Main products and services
- Metros, LRVs, and Trains-Tram (CITYLINK)
- Various families of Trams (TRAMLINK and TINA)
- High-speed passenger trains (EC250) and long distance trains, regional and single decker or double decker suburban trains (FLIRT and KISS)
- Main line Bo’Bo’ and Co’Co’ locomotives for both freight and passengers (EURODUAL, UK/EUROLight, SALi) with different types of propulsion system (diesel, electric, bi-mode and hybrid with batteries)
- Shunting locomotives with central cab with different types of traction system
- Passenger coaches
- Tailor-made and rack-and-pinion railway vehicles
Wide range of customized services for public and private operators applicable to both locomotives and trains. It includes vehicle maintenance, rolling stock repair and modernization, spare parts management, support and technical assistance with specialized engineering staff and training.
- ETCS systems,
- CBTC systems,
- ATO Systems,
- Anti-collision systems
Top products: ROLLING MATERIAL AND TRACTION EQUIPMENT: 1. EURO6000 Locomotive. 2. FLIRT Akku. 3. High Capacity Commuter Trains. 4. CITYLINK TRAM TRAIN.
|Activities by year
In the financial year 2022, the company can highlight the consolidation of its position in the markets where it already operates, in all its products: locomotives (electric, diesel, dual, hybrid), in LRV (trams and metros) and EMUs.
Regarding the international market, in January 2022 Stadler was awarded the largest contract in its history, for a total amount of up to four billion euros, to supply up to 504 vehicles to a consortium made up of six German and Austrian operators, resulting from a joint tender framed in the project called “VDV-Tram-Train”. The framework agreement contemplates, in addition to manufacturing, vehicle maintenance for a period of up to 32 years. The contract includes an initial order for 246 CITYLINK vehicles, for an approximate volume of 1.7 billion euros, and the option to purchase up to 258 additional vehicles.
Also noteworthy is the award of the contract for the manufacture and supply of 38 TRAMLINK trams for the local operator in Geneva, Transports publics genevois (TPG), and 10 TRAMLINK for the city of Lausanne.
In the locomotive segment, we are continuing the expansion of the new generation of 6-axle locomotives with major orders in Germany, Scandinavia, Great Britain and Spain.
In the domestic market, Stadler remains strong as a locomotive supplier with contracts for ADIF, RENFE and private operators through Alpha Trains. Leadership is maintained in passenger vehicle maintenance activity in the Valencian region, Baleares and Catalonia. It should be highlighted that at the end of the year, RENFE has exercised the option of 20 High Capacity commuter vehicles on the contract signed in July 2021.
- Development of the complete CITYLINK train-tram platform (diesel, electric, electric MS, bi-mode and battery hybrid).
- Development and commissioning of several trams of the TRAMLINK family for different cities in Germany, Switzerland and Italy.
- Development and launch of the new generation of EURO locomotives, available in different track gauges and with traction and signalling systems.
- The locomotive homologation program has been maintained:
o EURODUAL in Germany, Austria, Norway and Turkey.
o EURO6000 in Spain and France.
o EURO9000 for Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and Luxembourg.
o Central cab locomotives for VR (Finland).
o EUROLIGHT s/336 locomotives for ADIF.
o Metric dual locomotives for FGC
- Development of on-board systems for energy efficiency, monitoring and vehicle location.
||The main markets are Europe and the US, but Stadler is present in 43 countries with more than 9,700 vehicles sold worldwide. |
Stadler, for example, has sold 2,500 FLIRT trains, its family of regional and commuter trains, in 21 different countries and 2,500 locomotives in 23 countries on the five continents.
||Prevention, Quality and Environment Certificates: |
- Quality: ISO/TS 22163:2017 and ISO 9001:2015
- Environment: ISO 14001:2015
- Health and Safety at Work: ISO 45001:2018
- Welding Certificate, for railway vehicles and components according to EN 15085-2, Class CL1
- Bonding Certificate, DIN 6701-2, Class A1
||Mechanical construction, Rolling stock and traction equipment, Maintenance, Others.|