Azvi Group companies:
General Manager: Roberto Gallardo Fernández-Díez. Pre-Contracts and Business Development Director: Gabriel Peñafiel Trueba. Civil Works Director: Carlos Puebla Montalvo. Railway Works Director: César Domínguez González-Seco. Building Department Director: Pablo Reiter Fernández. Bid and Strategy Director: Juan Jesús García de Pablo. Technical Director: Juan Pérez Torres. Mexico Regional Director: José María Martínez Benavente. South and Central America Regional Director: Manuel Álvarez Asensio.
||Railways and civil works, logistics, railway transport, railway heavy machinery maintenance and railway electrification systems
installation and maintenance.
|Main products and services
Throughout more than 100 years of activity, Azvi has accumulated extensive experience, technical capacity and solvency to successfully execute all kind of railways and civil construction projects.
Azvi’s origins as a railway company have turned the company into a key player in the railway sector with extensive experience in the complete cycle of railway infrastructure: infrastructure, superstructure, electrification and signaling, assembly bases and maintenance works (preventive and corrective). In addition, Azvi has its own railway heavy machinery park and its approved workshop to maintain and repair it.
The company has played an important role in the development of High-Speed Railway in Spain, having worked on more than 490 km of different HSR lines, since works started in 1987 on the first line, which linked Madrid and Sevilla in 1992.
Besides HSR projects, also of note are the numerous conventional railway projects aimed at improving existing railway infrastructures.
Azvi also has extensive experience in the execution of all types of infrastructure associated with the railway.
Top products: TRACK: 1. Variable gauge axles for freight. 2. Azvi has built Norway’s first ballastless track between Arna-Fløen, in Bergen. ROLLING STOCK: 3. Rolling Stock Maintenance Centre. ELECTRIFICATION: 4. Ispalvia.
|Activities by year
- Mayan Train. Section 3: Clakini-Izamal, Mexico.
- Tren Maya. Workshops and garages construction, México.
- Tren Maya. Sleepers factory construction and operation, México.
- Isthmus of Tehuantepec Railway. Line Z. Section: Puerto Salina-Medias Aguas, México.
- Chamartín Railway Station. Iberian gauge track and platforms upgrade. Spain.
- Chamartín Railway Station. Station extension, platforms and UIC track bed, Spain.
- HSR Madrid-Sevilla. Infrastructure upgrade. Section: Guadalmez-Córdoba. Spain.
- Zafra-Huelva Railway Line. Infrastructure and track upgrade. Section: Calañas-Peguerillas. Spain.
- HSR Madrid-Extremadura. Stretch: San Rafael-Cuarto de la Jara. Spain.
- HSR Plasencia-Badajoz. Infrastructure, Track and Turnout Maintenance. Mérida and Cáceres Bases.
- HSR Lines. Infrastructure, Track and Turnout Maintenance: HSR Madrid-Sevilla; HSR Córdoba-Málaga; HSR Madrid-Brihuega (Brihuega and Calatayud Bases). Spain.
- Valencia Commuter Network. Section: Pobla LLarga-Silla. Infrastructure, superstructure and electrification upgrading. Spain.
- Conventional Railway Lines: Infrastructures, Track and Incidence Treatment Plan. Lot F.3 and Lot D.2. Spain.
- South and West railway zone (Oslo y Østfold) and Flåmsbana railway line preventive and corrective maintenance, Norway.
- Old Ulriken railway tunnel rehabilitation, Norway.
- Arna-Bergen railway project. Section: Arna-Fløen. Track and installations. Norway.
- Northern Line rehabilitation. Section: Ovar-Gaia. Portugal.
- Northern line. Track, catenary and traction current return works. Section: Pampilhosa-Gaia. Portugal.
||Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Mexico, Norway, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Serbia, Spain and Uruguay.
||Implemented and certified by Aenor Management Systems for BIM (ISO 19650 parts 1 and 2), Quality (ISO 9001), Environment
(ISO 14001), Occupational Health and Safety (ISO 45001), Anti-bribery (ISO 37001) and Criminal Compliance (UNE 19601).
||565 million Euro|
|No. of employees
||1.5 million Euro|
||Infraestructure, Maintenance, Operators, Others.|