Country Manager: Kirsten Raapke.
Regional Field Manager Western Europe: Thomas Quernheim.
Head of Sales: Javier Iglesias García.
||Engineering, Consulting, Training (TRIT) Certification (TRRC), and Research.
|Main products and services
Services accredited with TÜV Rheinland Rail Certification (TRRC):
- EC verification of components and subsystems according to ETI (NoBo): LOC & PAS, WAG, NOI, PMR, SRT, ENE, INF and CCS.
- Verification of national requirements (DeBo) for commissioning railway vehicles, signalling systems (on-board and on-track), and infrastructures.
- Independent assessment (AsBo) of the risk management procedure according to the common safety methods (CSM RA).
- Assessment Body for EEM (or ECM) certifications according to (EU) 2019/779 (through TRLU)
- ISA Safety assessment according to CENELEC and BOStrab.
- Vehicle-track compatibility testing body.
- Assessment (EBA) of Software (e.g. EN 50128) in the process of approval of rolling stock
- IVV (Independent Verification and Validation) and ICE (Independent Checking Expert).
- Verification and assessment of functional safety and RAMS.
- Assessment and supervision of management systems (ISO 9001/ IRIS).
- Audits for safety authorities (EBA / TAB).
- Monitoring and realization of tests (type tests and functional tests) as well as noise measurements and tests (ISO / IEC 17025)
- Inspection, conformity assessment and certification according to customer specifications.
Railway consultancy services with TÜV Rheinland InterTraffic (TRIT):
Asset Management and Evaluation:
- Technical assistance, supervision of manufacturing and maintenance, commissioning of systems.
- Accident assessment, cause determination and repair supervision.
- Technical control of assets for rolling stock leasing companies and financial institutions.
- Evaluation and valuation of assets (rolling stock, etc.).
- Process optimisation, contract control and requirements management.
Procurement and Purchasing:
- Acquisition of assets, PPP, franchises and concessions. Procurement strategy (including aspects such as Life Cycle Cost Cycle -LCC- and RAMS).
- Global sourcing strategies, supply chain and supplier analysis.
- Expert analysis of the purchase or sale of rolling stock.
- Analysis of tendering or general contracting procedures and drafting or supervision of specifications.
- Supplier management, audits and inspections (with international scope).
Operation and maintenance: Workshop and maintenance depot strategy. LEAN Management. Maintenance Optimisation. Reliability and cost driver analysis. Spare parts and fleet parts management
Railway Safety: Safety Management, Safety Engineering, RAM Engineering, Requirements Management...
- Technical and economic feasibility studies for HS, conventional rail and metro or tramway operations.
- Feasibility studies for the rehabilitation of railway lines.
- Environmental impact assessments and socio-economic studies.
- Operational planning (travel time, schedules and capacities).
- Supervision of works.
- Inventory and evaluation of railway infrastructure and its elements.
Market development and support to franchises or new operators:
- Technical and strategic support during the bidding process (Bid-Support).
- Market analysis, support in entering new markets and development in existing markets, mergers and acquisitions, internalization and localization strategies.
- Business planning, development and execution of financing models.
- Franchise and concession management, operation launch and implementation and start-up support.
Training: We offer seminars, workshops and trainings, as well as training specifically tailored to your company's needs in the railway and industrial field.
Top products: ENGINEERING AND CONSULTING: 1. Consulting and support in Hydrogen-based technologies (TRIT). TRAINING, CERTIFICATION, RESEARCH: 2. Certification of Entities in Charge of Maintenance (ECM). Applicable to all vehicle categories, from HS trains, EMUs, DMUs, locomotives, wagons and auxiliary rolling stock.
|Activities by year
Assessment and Certification of Rolling Stock: Stadler Cercanías High Capacity commuter units (Spain); Stadler EMUs laboratory train (Spain); Ferrovial (Wagons and yellow machines); MerMec (wagons modifications); Siemens Mireo Hybrid; Siemens Serie C2 (U-Bahn München); Bombardier F2 Type Flexity (Brüssel); Stadler Tramlink (Augsburg),…
Assessment and Certification of ETCS: DB Rhine-Alpine – TP Südwest + TP Mitte; Bellinzona – Giubiasco (3rd track); Siemens Vectron; Siemens Desiro Cityjet ÖBB; trackside CCS Israel; ERTMS National Implementation Plan Norway; Velaro D ETCS OBU;…
Assessment and Certification of Infrastructure: Port Authority of Valencia; ETS Atotxa Station (AsBo); ETS Hernani-Astigarraga section (AsBo); RailOne slab track (AsBo); INECO Joaquin Sorolla Station; INECO La Sagrera Project; INECO accessibility of Granada and Arboç stations; INECO Ourense intermodal station; Bözbergtunnel (CH) route 2324; section Troisdorf – Bonn-Oberkassel; ESTW-A Köthen; route 1522 Oldenburg – Wilhelmshaven; section Oldenburg – Rastede, Varel – Sande, route 4500 Ulm Hbf – Friedrichshafen Stadt and 4530 Friedrichshafen Stadtd – Lindau Aeschach, Pforzheimer Tunnel, routes 3660 and 3600 Nordmainische S-Bahn;…
Independent Safety Assessment: TCMS CAF units for RENFE and SNCF;Jerusalem LRT System – Stage 2; Riyadh Metro Line 1, 2 & 3; Brussels Metro; Metro Cityringen Copenhagen; Siemens ATO and ATP System Trainguard MT; Macau Metro; APM Airport Munich T2; Railway lines in Portugal for THALES (Douro, Beira Alta, Norte,…); STADLER locomotives for ADIF; CAF TCMS-S; ALSTOM dual locomotives for Turkey; GSMR voice cab for Comboios de Portugal vehicles,...
ECM: Ferrovial (Spain);VTG; Beacon Rail; Baseler Verkehrsbetriebe; Irish Rail; SBB Cargo.
Procurement Support: CAF Urbos 100 (Freiburg); Procurement Serie C3 (U-Bahn München); Siemens Mireo + Desiro HC (Net Augsburg); Stadler Flirt3 (Net Allgäu)
Maintenance Optimisation: Bremer Straßenbahn; DB Regio AG; Keolis Deutschland; SBB; SBB Cargo
Build Supervision and Condition Assessment: Stadler Flirt3XL (S-Bahn Rhine-Ruhr); Bombardier Talent3 (SWEG)
Homologation Support: Stadler Tramlink (Erfurt); Siemens Serie C2 (U-Bahn München)
BATTERY TESTING CENTER:
Located in the middle of Europe between Netherland and Germany, in our international testing facility we are able to perform several local/global industry and regulatory standards as well as support with the approval process.
Our test center team of technical and industry experts has proven experience with battery testing, type approval and customer projects with OEMs and TIERs. Embedded in the TÜV Rheinland worldwide expert network, we create high quality, tailored solutions for our customers.
Our focus are large scale battery packs like those used on the railroad, including in our portfolio: Battery simulator, Climate chamber, splash water test, shaker, abuse center, corrosion chamber, dust test system, IP test chamber, temperature shock system.
DEVELOPMENT OF A RAILWAY-SPECIFIC STANDARD FOR HYDROGEN APPLICATIONS IN RAIL VEHICLES:
Separate technical regulations and standards are to be drawn up for the approval of hydrogen-powered rail vehicles in Germany in order to simplify the implementation and approval process for hydrogen and fuel cell technology in rail vehicles. Client: Deutsches Zentrum für Schienenverkehrsforschung (DZSF) beim Eisenbahn-Bundesamt (EBA).
||With a presence in 40 cities in 20 countries in all regions of the world, and more than 50 years of experience in the railway
sector, our international team offers services such as Civil Engineering, Assessment, Certification and Consultancy, providing
personalized attention to a global audience in different languages.
||With TÜV Rheinland Rail Certification:
Accreditation as Certification Body (ISO/IEC 17065)
Accreditation as Inspection Body Type A (ISO/IEC 17020)
Acceptance as Notified Body (Interoperability Guideline 2008/57/EG) for all Subsystems
Acceptance as Designated Body for the assessment of notified national technical rules (NNTR) in Spain, Germany, Austria,
France, Belgium, Denmark, Netherlands, Poland, Switzerland and Luxembourg.
Acceptance as Assessment Body (CSM-RA) for the evaluation and assessment of risks according to 402/2013/EG
Auditors for ISO 9001:2015 & IRIS
EBA authorized experts
- Software on rolling stock (on-board CCS)
- Mechanical structures of rolling stock
- Assessment of generic safety cases
TAB authorized experts for different federal states in Germany
With TÜV Rheinland Luxembourg:
Accreditation as Assessment Body for EEM (or ECM) certifications according to (EU) 2019/779
|No. of employees
||20,241 employees worldwide|
||2,090 million euros|
||Training, certification, research, Engineering and consulting.|