Schaeffler Iberia is the subsidiary of the Schaeffler Group in Spain, dedicated to commercialize Luk, INA and FAG brands in Spain and Portugal. Schaeffler generated sales of approximately 12.6 billion euros in 2020. With around 83,900 employees, Schaeffler is one of the world’s largest family companies and, with approximately 170 locations in over 50 countries, has a global network of manufacturing locations, research and development facilities, and sales companies. With almost 1,900 patent applications in 2020, Schaeffler is Germany´s second most innovative company according to the DPMA (German Patent and Trademark Office).
Managing Director: Valentín Guisasola
President: Albert Monera-Llorca. Marketing Manager: Susana Viloria. Sales Managers Business Development: Miguel Ángel Jiménez, Antonio Parada and José Antonio Pastor. Technical Manager: Ferran Pérez, Operations Manager: José Miguel Martínez. Finance Manager: Ester Goenaga.
||In partnership with railway industry manufacturers and operators, Schaeffler develops bearings for transmission systems, traction motors for trains and locomotives, as well as for the axlebox. In addition to the standard products of the portfolio, based on the experience at the railway sector, Schaeffler develop customized projects and solutions according to the requirements of each customer. Portfolio is rounded with sensorized solutions that enable to gather relevant operation parameters’ information and, that can be analized and that result in an optimized maintenance plan and actions. |
|Main products and services
- Transmission bearings: cylindrical roller bearings, tapered roller bearings and four contact ball bearings.
- Traction motor bearings: cylindrical roller bearings and current insulated deep groove ball bearings to prevent damage due to voltage passage.
- Axle suspension roller bearings: special tapered roller bearings with reinforced sheet metal cages.
- Axlebox generator: a self-sufficient power supply system that is flanged onto the axlebox and can be used as an alternative to power supply via the locomotive. It enables a self-sufficient and highly reliable power supply for a wide range of functions, such as GPS, condition monitoring, lighting, brake assistant and activation of hinged doors on hopper cars. The project has attracted a lot of interest internationally.
- ELGOGLIDE Maintenance-free spherical plain bearings with Corrotect layer and triple lip sealing perfectly match the specific harsh environmental conditions of the railway sector. They feature longer service life, longer replacement periods and lower TCO in highly corrosive environments.
- INA maintenance-free rod ends, together with INA Metal-Polymer composite plain bearings for the track gauge changing system.
- Axlebox bearing units FAG Tarol. FAG TAROL X-life bearings in Cromadur increase more than twice the service life L10. In combination with our reconditioning service, it is possible to reduce maintenance costs, optimizing LCC and reducing carbon footprint.
- Moreover, Schaeffler has developed optimized bearings for railway applications with sensors which measure speed, acceleration and temperature. These data are used to continuously improve safety and comfort and allow cost-effective maintenance, based on Condition Monitoring Technology. Focused in a Railway 4.0 concept, Schaeffler has developed a condition monitoring system for railway sector (CMSR) with intelligent software and a cloud connection for the digitalized monitoring and optimized maintenance of entire motorized and trailer bogies in passenger trains. This allows higher average speeds, greater mileage, and longer maintenance intervals to be achieved while also increasing operational reliability at the same time. The operator/maintenance technician can monitor the condition of individual axlebox bearings through to complete wheelsets and bogies from anywhere in the world via an internet connection. Together with sensorised solutions, through Condition Monitoring Technology and devices, like and SmartCheck, Schaeffler can measure key engine parameters so an assessment of the equipment status can be obtained and required repairs can be carried out during scheduled machine maintenance downtimes.
- Reconditioning of axlebox bearings, irrespective of manufacturer. This includes all axlebox bearings of cylindrical, spherical, and tapered roller bearing design for different rail vehicles such as high-speed trains, street cars, and subways.
Top products: COMPONENTS: 1. TAROL bearing in Cromadur; service life increased by more than twice. 2. ELGOGLIDE spherical plain bearings for agressive environments: Corrotect + TS sealing.
Innovations in 2020:
*FAG-Wheelset Generator TSS-F, monitoring system for freight trains.
*TSS-P, new type of bogie frame monitoring system for passenger transport. Axlebox generator. Condition monitoring smart system for railway 4.0.
||Spain and Portugal.|
||Quality and Environment Certifications: DIN EN ISO 9000, ISO/ TS 16949, IRIS, ISO OSHAS 18001, ISO 9001.|
||Components, Mechanical construction, Rolling stock and traction equipment, Auxiliary mechanical equipment.|