Sener offers all the engineering services required for the complete development of railway projects, from the initial planning stages, feasibility and conceptual studies, preliminary engineering, detailed projects, to the management and supervision of construction and operation and project management, with different financing, construction and operational formulas and both for public institutions and private clients.
Sener covers with its specialists all the technical disciplines involved in a railway project, including:
- Civil works
- Geotechnics and tunnels
- Bridges and structures
- Architecture and urban integration
- Energy supply
- Electromechanical facilities
- Ticketing and passenger information systems
- Communication systems
- Signaling systems
- Traffic control systems
- Operations control centers
- Rolling stock
- Acoustics and vibrations
Building on this multidisciplinary expertise, Sener offers a fully integrated view of projects, supported by its capabilities in project management, systems engineering and integration, RAMS and safety assurance and BIM.
- Planning phase services:
Functional and conceptual design
Pre-feasibility and feasibility studies
Demand and traffic studies
Profitability and economic impact studies
- Design phase services:
Schedule and cost estimates
- Construction phase:
Site Supervision and quality control
Testing and commissioning
- Operation and maintenance phase:
Operation and maintenance plans
Consultancy and assistance for operation and maintenance
Functional and operational studies
Development of digital twins
- In all phases:
RAMS - Reliability, availability and maintenance
Independent Checking Engineering
Project management integral services
Documentation and data management
Quality guarantee and quality control
Environment and sustainability
Safety studies and audits. Independent Security Advisory (ISA)
Sener combines its expert technical knowledge of the railway field with new data science and artificial intelligence technologies and with its innovation capabilities to develop solutions aimed at solving problems or needs of its clients in the construction, operation and maintenance of railway systems.
Among these solutions, the following can be highlighted:
- RESPIRA®: System for the optimization of ventilation and air conditioning management in metro networks, stations and other enclosed spaces, focused on improving thermal comfort, air quality and energy consumption. In service in five Barcelona metro lines, with very significant improvements in both energy savings and passenger comfort.
- ACROT: Advisory system for risk control in the operation of ACROT tunnel boring machines, based on the combination of a digital platform for data collection, processing, analysis and visualization in real time with the technical expertise of a dedicated team of specialists, a detailed and permanently updated procedures manual and a structured database with project history. The system has been successfully used in projects such as the first phase of the Oporto metro (Portugal), the Barcelona Sants-Sagrera high-speed railway line and line 3 of the Guadalajara metro (Mexico).
- Structural health monitoring system for railway bridges based on data analytics and the application of decision-making algorithms to predictively assess the future evolution of the structural condition of the structures, integrated with BIM models. Developed through a pre-commercial innovative public procurement contract with the Center for the Development of Industrial Technology (CDTI).
- Intelligent energy asset management system EMS: Real-time predictive and automatic control system for all the energy assets of a facility, optimizing the possible synergies between self-consumption generation, storage and energy demand, both electrical and thermal.
Top products: ENGINEERING AND CONSULTING: 1. Sener is part of the design team for the SRS project for the Scarborough subway extension in Toronto. 2. Detailed track design of the Brightline West track on the Las Vegas - Los Angeles high-speed rail line.