José Manuel Gracia Gracia and Eliseo Vitaller Mainar.
||Metrica is a mechanical engineering company specialized in the design and development of railway vehicles since 2004. We
work actively with our customers in the engineering of any part of their rail vehicles, from the mechanical installations, interior
design and car body, including the means of production for the industrialization of car bodies. We carry out all kinds of railway
projects, from trams, metropolitan undergrounds, suburbans, monorails, cable cars, regional trains and high speed trains to
|Main products and services
- Basic engineering, detailed engineering, drawings, documentation and mechanical calculations.
- Complete Car body engineering considering UNE-EN 15085-2:2007 CL4
- MEF mechanical calculations: static, fatigue, instability and modal analysis according to EN 12663-1/2:2011 standards, weld analysis according to DVS-1608 and DVS-1612, crash analysis according to EN 15227:2008. Calculation of prestressed bolted joints and riveted bolted joints according to VDI-2230. Supports calculation according to EN 12663-1/2:201, etc.
- Front and end car engineering that includes: cabin, cell resistant, fairings, accessories and supports.
- Comprehensive design of the interior of the vehicle for the passenger saloon and the driver's cabin.
- Mechanical design of electrical cabinets, equipment boxes and battery boxes.
- Complete production lines to industrialize car bodies.
- Railway vehicles refurbishment.
Top products: ENGINEERING AND CONSULTING: 1. Conformer to put together the AKT car body units. 2. Complete interior design for the Sweden AKT units.
|Activities by year
Outstanding collaboration in the development of rail projects:
- Car body: VRR CP6 Germany, Renfe CN5, SJ AB Sweden, LNER, Montpellier Tram, AXL Urbos.
- Interior design: SJ AB Sweden, AKT AB Transitio, RENFE Alpino CN6, Auckland New Zealand, VRR Germany, CN8
- Mechanical installations: Auckland New Zealand, VRR Germany.
- Tooling and Production: Design of preliminary tools and final frame assembly tools, as well as the complete car body assembly tools for LRVs units of ESSEN. Design of roof tools and car body assembly for the VRR project. Car body general conformer for AKT units.
- Refurbishment: Car body production tools for the Cairo Metro. Production fixtures for the Athens Metro.
Close collaboration with CAF for the development of the box structure of the new double-deck NSDD units for the Dutch operator Nederlandse Spoorwegen.
||National –Spain– and international expansion.
||In addition to being certified in Quality and Environment, Metrica has been certified in UNE-EN 15085-2 for welding of railway
vehicles and components. Metrica’s head of the Interiors department is certified in Adhesive bonding of vehicles and railway
components according to DIN 6701. |
- ISO 9001:2015
- ISO 14001:2015
- UNE-EN 15085-2:2007, CL4 level
|No. of employees
||Engineering and consulting, Others.|